Sunday, September 15, 2013

Craft - Popsicle lollies activity



Hihi dear friends of Hazelnutt House (",)

I was surfing for popsicle stick craft ideas and chanced upon Roots&Wings's idea.
So, I decided to make The Kid a set of this using the colourful felt that I have. 

My Kiddo has yet to start any formal schooling and has been homeschooled for some years.  
She will only enter kindie next year.  I thought this colour matching activity will help in a way when she enters school.








I traced one end of a popsicle stick onto thick paper and used it as a template to guide me when I machine stitch the outline onto the felt.  

After stitching, I shaped the outline with a scallop cutter.
Once this was done, I inserted the matching popsicle stick into the respective felt lollies.






Kiddo's phonics skills is relatively sound, so this activity is suitable for her.  She has to decode the name of the colours according to the initial sound of each colour.  







I keep these sticks in a baggie so that Kiddo and I can look for them easily when we want to colour match some lollies. 
Talk to you ladies soon!!!
I've some other popsicle stick crafts coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10